Walford Timber guarantees their sheds against manufacturing defects for 10 years.
In order for your shed guarantee to be applicable the following conditions must be met:
- The shed must be constructed on a firm level base
- The shed is constructed as per the instructions provided
- The shed should not be customised or modified in any way
- The shed is not in contact with any external object that may increase the possibility of water ingress i.e. vegetation or an external wall
- The shed is used for domestic use only
Treating your shed
As wood is a natural product, regular care is required in order to maintain the integrity of the timber. All timber products are subject to movement due to changes in the atmosphere (temperature and moisture), which is completely natural.
There is little that can be done to prevent timber from expanding and contracting due to the weather, but the following actions must be carried out in order to protect your shed and keep it performing at its best:
- Dip treated buildings – These buildings require further preservative treatment to prevent rot and decay. A waterproof treatment is also required to prevent water ingress after installation.
- Pressure treated buildings – Waterproof treatment is required after installation to prevent water ingress.
- Log cabins / Home offices / Garages – These products are delivered untreated and require a preservative treatment and a water proofing treatment after installation to prevent rot and decay and to prevent water ingress.
All the points above are be carried out annually. If your building is left untreated, it will absorb water and could result in failure.