We pride ourselves on our service, quality and flexibility. As well as offering large stocks of standard timber sections, garden products and fencing materials, we manufacture an extensive range of fencing products, fence panels, gates, garden buildings, footbridges, stiles, agricultural purlins and many other standard and bespoke timber products. We can pre-machine your timber to make your job easier, whether you are on site or at home, and we have our own pressure treatment plant delivering state-of-the-art timber preservation. In fact, we are a market leader in preservative treatment, having developed innovative technologies to extend the service life of ground contact timber and we hold WPA Benchmark certification, a national quality scheme.
We are an independent family owned timber merchant, established in 1945 by Herbert Smith. The company's main activity then was cutting hardwoods from the Forest of Dean and local private estates, primarily for the mining industry. Still owned and run by the Smith family, we are still based on the same 15 acre site in Herefordshire that Mr. Smith purchased in 1939, although it has changed dramatically through investment over the years.
During the 1950's we began cutting softwoods for the fencing, agricultural and construction industries. Gradually less hardwoods were sawn, and softwood sawmilling soon became our core business activity. Over time we have evolved to offer more services to our customers, including pressure treating, machining and manufacturing of timber products. Eventually we became more merchant orientated, with modern workshops and internal storage space replacing the sawmill.
We are now a timber and fencing supplier providing both local and national customers including stockists, fencing & landscaping contractors, landscaping centres, garden centres, timber merchants, local authorities, tradesmen, and agricultural building contractors throughout England and Wales, as well as members of the public. In 2004 we opened Cheltenham Fencing & Landscaping supplies, specifically to cater for tradesman and members of the public in that area.
We have well trained and experienced staff who can help you with your enquiries, and advise you further about our products. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
"Our goal is to consistently impress you with our service levels, whilst providing you with the best quality, long-term value and most appropriate products on the market."
On a practical level this means:
- Be friendly, positive, polite and helpful at all times.
- Be efficient, professional and accurate in our work.
- Do what say we will do, and "go the extra mile" where necessary, whilst treating all customer orders and enquiries with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Always be honest and open with you and provide you with the advice and assistance you need to the very best of our knowledge and experience.
- Be selective so that you don't have to be. We will not knowingly supply you with sub-standard or damaged product that does not live up to our mission, or with products that are not fit for purpose.
- Keep innovating and improving to provide you with best in class where required and most appropriate where needed.
- Deal with complaints in a positive manner to get them resolved as quickly and satisfactorily as possible.
"If you are not happy with your products for any reason they will be replaced, repaired or refunded free of charge"
Walford Timber must be notified of any dissatisfaction within 14 days of delivery or collection and prior to the products being installed or altered in any way. We are not accountable for ancillary costs such as labour, removal or installation costs.