Are you looking to create the perfect paddock on your property? gated and properly fenced paddocks keep your horses safe and secure as well as confining them to specific areas while they graze, exercise and socialise.
The ideal horse fence is strong, very visible and without hazards. The horse is less likely to run into the fence or otherwise challenge it if it appears as a solid barrier before them. Should a horse still run into the fence, it should not cause the animal any injury.
Something else to consider is upkeep. Investing in low maintenance fencing from the start can reduce the amount of time and expenditure it will need in times to come.
The most popular choice of fencing amongst horse owners is the timber post and rail system. This is available from local fencing specialists and timber merchants such as Walford Timber Ltd.
Particular attention should be paid to your fence posts. Ensure they are incised and pressure treated in order to extend their operational lifespan once installed. The best, such as our PermaTimber, offer you a 15-year product guarantee as standard.
Also, make sure any posts cut to size are retreated with a specialist preservative to improve their performance.
As well as stocking everything you need to create the perfect paddock and being able to offer quality advice on what materials would be best to use, we can also put you in touch with our local specialist installer network, which consists of trusted businesses that can get it all installed for you.
Creating the Perfect Paddock - Tips to remember
- A safe horse fence is durable, highly visible and appear ideally as a solid barrier
- Invest in low maintenance fencing to save you time and money in future
- Ensure fence posts are incised and pressure treated to extend their life once they are installed
- Posts which are cut to size should be retreated with a specialist preservative to improve performance
- If you need help finding the right business for installation, talk to us about our Installer Network