This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and market-leading independent business with a huge amount of heritage, operating in a truly sustainable industry.
We are specialist manufacturers and suppliers of fencing and outdoor timber products, supplying installers, tradespeople, contractors, property and land owners as well as stockists and local authorities.
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Manager with strong leadership skills to join our management team and grow the B2B areas of our business. You will be responsible for both introducing new customers and accounts to the business, as well as managing and supporting the in-branch sales team to ensure those and established accounts are looked after and developed to their full potential.
You will have a positive and outgoing personality and enjoy meeting and engaging with people from across our trade. You will have a strong track record in creating new business and driving sales growth, as well as previous experience in effective account management. Developing strong customer relationships and maintaining those relationships will be a key requirement of the role, as well as supporting your immediate team.
- Introducing new customers, particularly installers, contractors, and those in the trade. You will also be responsible for introducing our products to stockists and merchants in selected areas.
- Maintaining and building customer relationships.
- Supporting the sales team to grow their accounts, and ensure that conversion rates, average sales value, frequency of purchase, and product range purchased are maximised wherever possible.
- Working with the established management team, including the operational and marketing managers to identify opportunities for growth and the key growth areas. They in turn will support you and ensure you have the tools and knowledge required to succeed in the role.
- Analysing and reporting on key metrics and targets such as average sales values, customer mix, purchasing frequency, and margins.
- Reviewing and managing sales team performance and activity. Ensuring tasks are completed and accounts are managed effectively.
- Recruitment of sales staff when needed.
Your time will be split between the office and customer visits, and a company vehicle will be provided. You will also be expected to represent the company at relevant company/industry events, as well as organise events / open days/tours for our key customer types.
- You will have a proven track record of generating sales and growth in the B2B sector, as well as a good understanding of effective ongoing account management.
- You will be outgoing, personable, positive in outlook, and diligent.
- You will be of a supportive nature, with experience of managing a small team.
- You will have an eye for data and trends, a hunger for success, an organised approach, and a commercially aware mind set.
- Above all you will have a love of selling, developing customer relationships, and encouraging your team to achieve success.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with the senior managers, including the operational and marketing managers, we will support you in your role, and provide the necessary product and process training required.
This is a full time permanent position. Hours to be split appropriately between the office and customer visits throughout the region.
Hours are 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 12pm Saturdays. It is not expected that you will routinely work Saturdays, but managing the sales team rota will be a requirement.
We will provide a competitive salary, a results based bonus scheme, company pension scheme, plus a company vehicle.
To apply, please complete the full online application form.
For more information on this position contact George Smith on 01989 514300.